Friday, April 4, 2008

It can be tamed!

For those of you using the Google Custom Search engine to search your site, you might run into the problem of not seeing any search results show up. I believe this happens if you're using the iFrame approach.

Please don't ask me why, but to get the results to show up, all you need to do is add the following line of code to your search form:

    <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="FORID:11" />

And that's it. Your search results should show up promptly thereafter.

Strange are the ways of 'good'.

2 comments:

Riff Khan said...

is the index rebuilding? how come i am not getting any results?

anon said...

Honestly, I don't know yet. I was able to tweak their "advanced" section to get some results, but they're still not comprehensive.

You have to add in XML annotations and what-not, and it's quite a (female dog) to get this working.

I considered yahoo also, but then I dont know how to get the results to show up on OUR site(yet!)...they show up right now on a yahoo hosted page.

Oh well.